Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mahalo!

Our first duty in town was to get our marriage license. A 3.5 mile walk got us there. I think we walked through the bad part of town to get there tho. Lots of payday cash loans, locks on gates, etc. The health department was in this old building that hasn't been upgraded since the 50s and has been degrading since, but everyone was super nice! We got to meet Kahu Bruce for the first time, the man who would be our officiant. Wonderful man! After that, we staked out a place to wed on Wailae Beach.

Thursday brought us a girls morning/bachelorette. No one else wanted to come so it was just the bridesmaids and I. We had great fun anyway! Later we went over rehearsal in front of the zoo and had our rehearsal dinner at Duke's. The food there was wonderful!

Friday was wedding day. The wedding went off great! It was absolutely beautiful! The bartenders at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach Kani Ka Pila Grille made some awesome drinks! We were surprised by the band with our first dance to the Hawaiian Wedding Song. We'll never forget that moment! Dinner at Roy's was amazing! Mahalo to Diva for putting up with us and to the chef for creating such a yummy meal! Even though we hadn't quite adjusted to the time change, somehow I didn't manage to get to bed til 2am! Unfortunately my body refused to let me sleep in past 7am every day! Ugh.

The rest of our time was spent exploring Oahu and meeting up with our 20 guests separately for lunch/dinner. We did take a one day trip to Maui, which was gorgeous! We took a tour of Kailua Ranch where a lot of films are filmed. It is also a working beef ranch. During the Vietnam war, 30% of the property was confiscated by the US government for use so there are still remnants of their use on the property including some quite sturdy structures! Our last day we spent snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. I didn't get to see turtles, but I did see some awesome fish! Unfortunately, there are no pics of that. When I get a chance to shrink all of the pics I will post them!

Mahalo to my 20 guests for making it to Hawaii for our big day! It means a lot to us that you took the time to come!

Don't forget to share your pictures with us! Send us a CD of them or email them to: Cindi.Justin2011.Wedding @ picasaweb.com (Just take out the spaces)

No comments:

Post a Comment